Friday 4 June 2010

Happy Canada Day!

Yes, you read it right :D  I've been busy making our anual Canada Day party invitations :)  We have had a bbq for the past 4 years, I think this is the 5th year for it.  We invite church friends, school friends, and some neighbours... potluck with the salads and desserts.  Then we all head down to Port Dalhousie for the big fireworks display!

I was super excited to see a fantastic CANADA set in the summer mini (linked on the right!).  I HAD to have it, and have it I do :)

SUPPLIES:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Real Red
Ink:  Basic Black, Real Red
Stamps:  Canada Day Clear Mount
              119889 $24.95 wood
              120042 $19.95 clear

I sponged the edges of the word block with real red, to make it pop a little, then used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop it off the paper.  I was inspired for this card by someone in my Summer Mini swap... I think Kathy Burke or Blair Moch, I forget, and didn't have it handy to reference!

There may not be a posting tomorow, as we are going to the Americana!!  Sophia won it on a radio contest, so we'll be gone till after supper tomorrow evening :)  FUN TIMES!!!

Have a happy day!

See ya!

No comments: